Saturday, June 12, 2010

Story Time

     Gabriel is really into true stories of his mommy and daddies past. He is enthralled by stories of mom and dad when they were younger. Anyway, the other night after Pam had put Gabriel to bed she came out and said, "He wants you to go in and say good-night."
     This is a normal thing. So I went in and said good night, gave him a hug and kiss, and he asked if I would tell him a story. I said no because mommy already had.
     As I started to leave he said, "Okay daddy, I will tell YOU a story."
     Of course, I wasn't going to miss that for anything. I went to his bed and laid down next to him and he began.
"Once upon a time, when I was young," he poked me in the nose, "I named you daddy."
     It was the best story I've ever heard.

2 comments :

Elizabeth said...

Funny, funny stuff. Good stuff too.

Mom (L) said...

This IS the best story ever! What a smart little guy - I just love him!