Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Toothpaste

This is a blog that is long overdue. Three weeks ago Pam and I purchased a brand new, fat bottle of toothpaste. We use the tubes that you squeeze and roll up because I think they're cheaper. Anyway, we are still using the old toothpaste. Every night I have to seriously squeeze in just the right places to get just a tiny bit of toothpaste out onto my brush. I have had to start squeezing so hard that my knuckles turn white, then purple, then a gross gray color that makes me think that I may lose my finger.

Some might say, "Joel, why don't you just change the old to new?" I consider this Pam's call. She is in charge of the books and has this thing for the challenge of trying to make toothpaste tubes thinner than paper. I even saw her using a rolling pin the other night on it.

4 comments :

Pam said...

Waste not, want not.

Jake Rohde said...

I don't believe the part about the rolling pin.

Mom (L) said...

I do believe the part about the rolling pin - nobody can stretch a nickel like Pam. And I know where she's coming from - there's something very satisfying about shaking the contact solution until the last drop falls.

Pam said...

Yes, and there's something very wrong with opening a new package of anything before the old one is completely done.

Technically you're right Jake... but I don't think I could've gotten that toothpaste tube emptier if I HAD used a rolling pin. :)