Friday, November 27, 2009

A Happy Birthday

Today was a great day. I am tired though so this will be short.

We ate at Texas Road House where I had to sit on a saddle while everyone laughed at me.

Pam took me to see Andrew Landers in concert at the Redstone Room.

John and I got the overhang, counter, and A.C. at Tro-Sno put away for the winter.

And I walked into Best Buy tonight to pass the time while Pam, John, Holly, Ashley, Gabriel, and Micah went to Sam's. I looked at the Nikon D5000 because you have to look just because. Well, it turns out it was on sale for an incredible price. A Black Friday only sale. It put it into range for Pam and I. After calling Pam we actually bought the camera. Trust me, it is NOT like us to buy anything anywhere on Black Friday. ESPECIALLY not Best Buy. This just worked out though. So anyway, here are the first pictures. I literally took the camera out of the box, put the battery in, attached the lense, and snapped some photos. Then the battery ran out.
They're nothing special, but at least you will see that they have no blurry border.













5 comments :

Jake Rohde said...

I think it's great that most of your photos are of the stuff that came in the camera box spread out all over the coffee table.

Super excited for you.

After I hung up the phone with you yesterday and relayed what you'd said to Elizabeth, she started wondering out loud if we could afford to buy it yesterday too (which I did not anticipate and couldn't BELIEVE). Before too long, she regained her sanity and we didn't buy it... but for a couple of seconds yesterday I was elated. I don't think our Best Buy had as good of a sale on the D5000 as yours, though. Even with its Black Friday price, it was only about $25 cheaper than other places I've looked.

Jake Rohde said...

Hey, does the D5000 kit that you bought come with one lens (I assume) or two? I know there are some that include two different lenses, but I'm sure they're more expensive.

Jake Rohde said...

And also, now every time 2 hours go by without a new post full of pictures from you, I'll probably be disappointed. Sorry in advance.

Joel Rohde said...

Jake, You need this camera. You would actually know how to use it. I will post more pics. We got the camera with the 18-55mm lense. We didn't get the kit with the extra lense and the reason was two-fold. One it is about $100 more expensive and wasn't on sale. Still a great deal, though. The second reason was because we aren't sure that we would use the bigger zoom all that much yet. We think that once Gabriel is more active doing sports or something of the sort we might spring for it. As I've taken some pictures today (about 300) I think that the 18-55mm zoom will probably suffice for now.

Jake Rohde said...

Yeah, I'm sure that lens will work just fine. You'll figure out how to be an expert with that thing pretty soon, I'm sure. I've already read most of the user's manual (you can find it online... I know, I'm a dork). Just learn a little something about "aperture priority mode" and "shutter-speed priority mode" (the "A" and "S" on the mode dial) and that'll be enough to get you quite far (in my opinion). Anywho, that's just awesome.

Kinda hope other people don't read these comments and take me for some kind of sickly obsessed person.