Monday, November 30, 2009

Running

Okay, so I wouldn't yet call myself a runner, however, I think that I am on my way to becoming one. Here are some weird things that are happening to me.

First, I don't have anymore notches to tighten my belt on. I am going to use the ice pick from T-Sno to make my own. I really won't get too excited until I'm losing pants sizes, but it is interesting.

Second, I find myself thinking about running. Not only do I think about it, I actually, sometimes, believe it or not, WANT to run.

Third, I can run non-stop for ten minutes. That means that I am running over a mile without stopping. To some this is something to laugh at beings that a mile isn't all that impressive, however, this is an accomplishment considering it was high-school the last time I went that far.

Fourth, while running I ENJOY it. It sounds impossible. Quite unbelievable, in fact. Today, as I ran, I found myself running for long periods of time without even thinking about the fact I was running. I'd drift into my own little world and suddenly, "wake up" when my alarm went off to mark the end of my 10 minute intervals. It is such a rush.

So anyway, I am starting to relate to an entire group of people that I never thought I'd even begin to understand. Yay. I look forward to getting to know you better oh pounder of the pavement.

1 comments :

Emily Romero said...

You're my inspiration.

You're that star up in the sky
You're that mountain peak up high
Hey you made it, mmm..
You're the world's greatest

Love, Emily