Saturday, May 1, 2010

30 lbs Lighter and 10 Times Happier.

So I might die today.  In 1.5 hours the gun will go off and I will begin what will surely be a 5-6 hour run.  I am feeling good.  I've picked up my stuff, pinned my number to my shirt (195 that is, Pam's is 194), put the magnetic strip chip thing in my shoes, and ate one bowl of cheerios and 1 piece of toast with peanut butter.  I've still got some things to do, but I think I'm ready to go.  6 months of training for this day; for these 6 hours.  It is weird.  I feel right now like I felt before football games in high school.  I have had this feeling so few times since high school.  It is this odd mix of nerves and excitement.

Some facts:

I will one way or another, run 26.2 miles today.

I will probably lose 12 pounds of water weight during the race.

I will probably lose 1 pound of actual weight during the race.

I will probably make fun of the bands that are playing along the route.

I will likely pray a lot during the race.

I will likely talk a lot about this day for awhile and people will likely get tired of hearing about it.

I will likely try hard NOT to talk too much about it tomorrow at church for fear people will think I'm lame.

I will count on my family members to hear me out whether they really care or not.

Anyway, thanks for all your support.  It has been a fun ride and this is just the beginning.  I'm a runner now, and no matter what happens today I've already won.

1 comments :

Elizabeth said...

Praying for you guys right now! I'm guessing you're somewhere near the halfway mark. Praying it's going well and that you're having a blast.