Saturday, May 1, 2010

We're Done

So we ran the marathon and I learned a lot about the extent of what my body can do. I'm serious, had it been 1 more mile, I may not have made it. I was fully out of calories to burn and liquid to sustain me. I felt very very very tired and unable to do anything for about 1.5 hours until we made it to eat. We ate at Texas Roadhouse to celebrate and I ate until I was stuffed, and drank 2 big glasses of ice water and 3 big glasses of life sustaining Diet Coke. I haven't had to pee at all. And only 1.5 hours after and I am really hungry again. Not to mention I'm much more aware and with it. Apparently after you run a marathon you should eat and drink a lot.

Anyway, I now have a marathon medal that will hang in my mirror on my mirror in the car until Pam makes me take it down. I'll sport a 26.2 sticker in our rear window as well. Other than that I am going to try not to talk about it unless I'm asked and I am going to try to walk around church tomorrow as if nothing ever happened today (we'll see). Right now I'm walking a bit like a cross between a cowboy, and an old man. I'm sure people laugh as I go by or hold off because they think I have a condition. If you are family or REAL close friends you may have to appease me though and listen for just a little bit as I tell you about one of the coolest things I've ever done. I'm SO thankful for Pam and her gusto and SO thankful for friends and family who never once questioned and supported us in this all the way. They listened to me talk about my running probably more than they cared too. Thanks peeps. I love you all.

2 comments :

Jake Rohde said...

If I could be at your church tomorrow, I'd ask you all about it.

Proud of you and happy for you... and wondering if I'm going to be able to do it too...

Pam said...

At least we did it together so we can talk about it. :) And you would've made it another mile if you had to. You did great. Although more sunscreen might have been a good idea. :)