Wednesday, November 14, 2012

California

I am back folks.  I am blogging again.  I've decided it's time.

A few days ago I returned home from a trip to California where I visited my parents and some of my brothers and a sister that are still living at home (sheesh guys grow up.)  The trip was fun.  Here are some quick highlights:
We played in the ocean.  I boogie boarded with mom and dad.  The kids played in the sand and redefined the meaning of "SANDwich".  We found a sand crab and chased seagulls.

Dad and I went golfing for an entire day.  It was loads of fun.  It was also the most time that I've had with my dad for a long time.  It was great to spend the day with him.  Mom made an unsuccessful attempt at a heart attack that same day so there was plenty of excitement to go around.

Pam, Zaley, and I took a drive east to the Sierra Nevada mountains and visited Kings Canyon and Sequoia National Park.  The Sequoias make my must see list.  You feel so little and insignificant standing among these giants.  If more people would spend a little time in this forest entitlement wouldn't be the problem that it is today.  Humility is a wonderful gift received during a day with the sequoias. 

We were lucky enough to be present for the adoption of my cousin Austin.  He is the newest member of the Oliver family which as grown to a full baseball lineup.  What a great celebration.  It was so fun to see family that I never get to see.

Dad and I took Gabriel, Micah, A.J., and Brian to Boomers to mini golf.  The boys had a great time hitting into castles and gingerbread houses.  We then watched Cristian play football.

We had a fun trip.

Now we are home and dealing with all the consequences of a week long vacation.  Pile of work to get done, Pam going to 3am to 8am shifts, babysitting all day, etc...  It is quite the adjustment.

My parents took such good care of us while we were there.  I am thankful that we have such a great excuse to visit such a beautiful state. 

0 comments :