Saturday, April 11, 2009

Day 6

I just finished my 6th run of the week. Something seemed rather poetic about today's run. I've been trying to run first thing every morning. It is nice because it sets the tone for the whole day, and I don't have to think about it and dread it all day long. I just get it done.

Yesterday Pam and I put an offer on a house which was then counter-offered within hours. We are dealing with a large amount of money here, obviously. We have been talking about what to do and we decided that we would sleep on it and make a decision today. Well...I pretty much didn't sleep very well. I woke up at 4:30 this morning and just stared at the ceiling thinking about how to approach things. So at 6:00 I realized that I could think about it WHILE I ran. So I did.

Today's run was longer, harder, and more grueling than the others because the training is designed for Saturday's run to be hard and Sunday you have the day to rest. All that being said, I honestly think that having something to pre-occupy your mind while you run (like making the biggest purchase of your life) actually makes the running...dare I say...enjoyable. It is really strange and I always secretly made fun of people that would say such things, but, I really almost enjoyed today's run. There is something to say about battling the bigger things in life to the rhythm of your feet hitting the pavement. It is you vs. the world out there and your feet are the drums of war (I told you it was poetic). Anyway, pair the running and the thinking up with the soundtracks to Braveheart, Lord of the Rings, and World of Warcraft on the ol' iPod and you have quite the epic thing going on.

Today I liked it.

My feet hurt
My legs hurt
My lungs hurt
My body hurts

I feel really good though.

0 comments :