Monday, February 9, 2009

Martha's Back

Pam has weird cravings lately. I'm sure it is a pregnancy thing or something, but anyway, last night she said to me, "I think you should bake me a cake." I said, "Do we have a cake mix?" She said, "I think you could find a recipe that doesn't need a cake mix." So I did. BUT I went a step further. I found a recipe for Boston Cream Pie. First I baked the cake, then I made the pudding like middle, and then the chocolate glaze. Then I went through the candy cane forest. Anyway, it tastes awesome. I also learned that making a cake from scratch is exactly like making one from a box. It's kind of funny that you would pay for a cake mix when you probably have all the ingredients all ready.

On another note, Gabriel scaled a kid sized mountain the other day all by himself. It was amazing. There was this tall ladder type thing with small holes for the feet and hands and it was straight up and he scaled the whole thing. It was taller than me. He must be part monkey. I am not sure what Pam's been up to but...

1 comments :

Mom (L) said...

OK, Joel, from now on you cook for me when you come home - that Boston Cream Pie sounds absolutely wonderful right now - I'm starving!