Saturday, February 28, 2009

Finally I wrote a Song from the Bottom of My Heart

I Wish I were a Pirate
A song to be recorded in the near future
Words and Music by Joel Rohde
(Song will be posted as soon as it is recorded)

Verse 1:
I wish I were a pirate
What a wonderful life it must be
Paces we measure
For buried treasure
While sailin' the seven seas

Verse 2:
I wish I were a pirate
My sword I'd swing with glee
I'd swab the poop
While collectin' doubloons
And goose my fellow mateys

Chorus:
Arrrrgh Arrrrgh Arrrrgh
Yo Ho Ho
If I could be anything
A buccaneer, a swashbuckler, a sea rover,
a marauder, a raider, a rover, a free-booter,
a privateer...
A Pirate I would be


Verse 3:
I wish I were a pirate
I could swim all day in rum
No showers for me
I'm a pirate you see
Not a clean freak, sophisticate bum

Bridge:
Arrrrgh would be my word
A parrot would be me bird
On my shoulder he'd sit in the sun
I'd kill things just for fun

3 comments :

Jake Rohde said...

You're such a weirdo.

I liked, "I'd kill things just for fun" the best.

Mom (L) said...

I think this is inspired; once again, I am proud to be your mother-in-law.

DJE316 said...

So... this is what a worship leader does in his spare time? Oh boy! I like some of the other songs you've written much better.