Friday, February 6, 2009

I have been hearing about these 25 things lists and I like to talk about myself, but I hate facebook so, I thought I'd talk about myself here. Jake did on his and it was VERY funny. I think I will on mine as well.

1. I love Craig Ferguson and here is just one of the reasons why.



2. I love NFL football and am currently going through with drawl since the only thing on TV on Sundays now are tennis and basketball. (I prefer the tennis to the basketball, but both suck pretty bad)

3. I am getting pretty good at the guitar. The real one, not the video game one, although, I'm getting pretty good at that too.

4. I listen to NPR news everyday.

5. I am a huge Alistair Begg fan.

6. I want to replace Garrison Keillor on "The Prairie Home Companion" should he ever retire.

7. I have always wanted to be a voice for a cartoon or computer animation.

8. If I could visit anywhere in the world, the top of my list would be Israel and its surrounding area. Our bank lady is doing that next week. It is her 40th birthday present. Pretty awesome present.

9. I would like to be a contestant on "Wheel of Fortune" someday.

10. I am very attached to a quilt that my mom gave me when I was a wee lad. It has red and blue and creme colors on one side with a baseball them. The other side is black and white with a music theme. It is unfortunately falling apart from having been dragged around for many years. I love it though and still use it a lot.

11. Pam, Gabriel, and I once ate Chic-Fil-A breakfast everyday for a week for free.

12. I have a deep desire to build furniture out of wood.

13. I was a camp counselor for a couple of summers.

14. My brothers and I once kicked the crap out of a kid who thought he could take me in a fight. Maybe he could have beat me up, but the Rohde boys don't allow people to find out if any one person can beat any one of us up. If you want to pick on one of us, you better have an army. We taught this kid the hard way. No one ever picked a fight with any of us again.

15. My mom used to make us hug in the middle of the room if we were fighting. Secretly I always thought this was a WAY bigger punishment for whoever had to hug me. I made it miserable for them.

16. I am considering the name "Ringo" for my next child (boy or girl).........Just Kidding.

17. I was on the high school bowling team at Wilton one year. It was AWESOME!

18. I own the coolest business in the world. One big SHOUT OUT to Tro Sno baby!!!!!! YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

19. I love Candy Hearts

20. Once one of my brothers and I went with a friend to the creek with the great idea to be Tom Sawyer, build a raft, and float down the creek as far as it would take us. We walked a few miles on a chilly, gray, autumn day looking for raft building materials. We made our way through really deep mud and steep terrain until lo' and behold, before our eyes, we gazed upon a beautiful truck topper that would become our raft. We turned it upside down and slid it into the rushing current of the creek. Holding onto a branch my friend stepped onto the makeshift raft. It sunk into the water a little but but was still dry and held said friend. I then stepped into the raft. It sunk into the water even further until the water was right at the edge of the topper. The current swept us off before we could get my brother onto the raft and we started rapidly floating away. There was my brother on the banks of the creek yelling for us to stop and come and get him. Both my friend and I stepped to one side of the raft to grab a branch and stop the floating vessel. At that instant the water rushed in, over the side of the raft and drowned our little ship. We were swimming. We got to the edge of the water and started the long shameful trek back home, all the while creating a story we would tell our parents. When we arrived home, mom and dad were just about to leave. They looked at us, shrugged, didn't even listen to our story, and said take a shower. It wasn't a big deal, but we weren't about to tell them how it happened. My friend's mom later called my parents to inquire about her son. Our stories matched and we got away with the lie. I am sure my mom will read this and this is the first time she will have heard this story from me. Perhaps my brother told her, but I have lived this lie for probably 12-ish years. It feels so good to be free from my sin.

21. I think Burger King's marketing directer must be one of the funniest people in the world. Have you ever read their stuff. Seriously, just check out the rules they wrote on the paper crown that you can get at BK. You will laugh out loud in public I promise.

22. I once won an essay contest for Mother's Day about how my mom was the best. It was printed in the QC Times and, if I recall correctly, it made my mom cry...in a good way.

23. I only advise rich kids to attend Central College.

24. When I was young I liked strapping on my Rollerblades and skating down steep hills to see how fast I could go. One time I hit about 40 miles an hour and then wiped out trying to dodge rumble strips that surprised me as I went around a corner. I was wearing jean shorts and they burnt off of my body and left a blue streak burned into the pavement. My entire left leg, thigh, butt cheek, and arm where a mess of torn and melted epidermis and blood. I played a baseball game that very same night. Dude, it was awesome.

25. I once held a cheeky monkey in my right hand. He was dressed in an elevator operator's costume. I'm not sure if the monkey were gay, but he definitely was eating a banana. I was in Romania at the time and some guy wanted to take a picture of it and charge me to keep the picture. This is a true story. I thought, however, that I would leave you with this video.

2 comments :

Jake Rohde said...

#20: YEAH! I think I have told mom since then. She cares about as much now as she did then.

I like your list, but I'll be honest, the Craig Ferguson videos just didn't do it for me.

Emily Romero said...

You = one of my most favorite people ever.

The first Craig Ferguson video made me laugh a lot! I kinda want to youtube him now...

Miss you!!