Sunday, December 6, 2009

A Bushy Christmas!

The following is how I personally think the Bush family's Christmas letter should read. (Sorry guys...sort of...)

Dear family and friends. As many of you know Amber and I had a great year. We spent most of the year waiting and preparing for the little guy that would come to us just a couple of weeks ago. That's right! On November 20th, 2009 the world was introduced to Cooper Michael Bush. He has totally rocked our world.

Well, Amber and I wasted no time in our quest to make sure that little Cooper became a well rounded, well-cultured little man. We have spent the last two weeks traveling the world and seeing the very coolest of places. Here are some of our photos.

We started off by flying east...well...west to get to the east and visit the Great Wall of China. It is pretty big, but apparently you actually can't see it from space.



After taking a nice stroll along the wall we took off toward England to tour London. Here is one of the famous bridges.


At the toll of Big Ben we hopped on the bullet train and zipped off to Paris. Turns out the French really ARE that rude, the women really don't shave their armpits, and they hate fries. Really a bummer of a place but the Eiffel Tower was pretty.


Gladiators once fought here and lions ate Christians here too. All the history in this place. I swear I saw Russell Crowe as well!


Here we are at the Brandenburg Gate in Germany. I learned a lot! 1. They have great chocolate. 2. They like cuckoo clocks. 3. Amber is quite a site in lederhosen.


After Germany it was back east to India where we toured the Taj Mahal. It is beautiful but nothing in India makes sense.


Well this trip couldn't be all play. The president asked me if I would come and give a speech to his staff on how to be the coolest dad in the world. I had the whole room in tears. Mainly because I told them that they were shaping up to be complete political failures.


After my meeting with the prez we headed to South Dakota to see Mt. Rushmore. It is pretty cool I guess.


It was about this time in the trip I got this whim of a feeling that we should do something really unique. So we called up NASA and dropped the president's name. They flew us to the moon so we could hop around for awhile. This is how I know you can't see the Great Wall from space.


Well, we finally got home but had to make just one more stop. Here we are rooting for Iowa. We realized that it was hopeless for us to keep rooting for the fighting Illini. It would be sort of like rooting for France in a war. We've switched over and are now rooting for a REAL team.

Well, the year is about to wrap up and we've got no complaints. Cooper is really a blessing. We hope all of you can have as great a year as we have. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

1 comments :

Jake Rohde said...

The only one I believe is the one at the White House (apparently it's pretty easy to get into that place without an invitation).