Monday, December 21, 2009

Getting Pumped Up

Over this last month or two I've become rather close with my iPod. We have grown very close and I've come to rely on the tunes that he (the iPod) pumps through my head while I'm out poundin' the pavement. I thought that I should share what is on my running playlist. Before I do that however I must provide a disclaimer. Some of these songs include words in their lyrics that are not appropriate for the faint of heart or he who is without sin. They can be pretty bad. Typically I don't listen to much of this music outside of running, but this stuff really does the trick.

Now for the list:

We Won't Be Quiet by David Crowder

*Take Me Away by 4 Strings - Imagine a song that you would dance to on DDR. It is totally gay. But for some reason makes me want to run.

Crazy in Love by Beyonce' - Yeah, not embarrased by this one whether you think I should be or not.

Until the End by Breaking Benjamin - I LOVE THIS BAND!!!!!!!!!!!!! A LOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You will see much from this artist. "Why give up? Why give in? It's not enough. It never is. So I will go on until the end. We've become desolate. It's not enough. It never is. So I will go on until the end."

Lose Yourself by Eminem - I don't do rap, ever, except when I run. And while Eminem is pretty cool, his lyrics are really quite incredible, and all that, I still don't do rap except when I run. "Look, if you had one shot, or one opportunity to seize everything you ever wanted-one moment would you capture it or just let it slip? You better lose yourself in the music, the moment You own it, you better never let it go go You only get one shot, do not miss your chance to blow This opportunity comes once in a lifetime yo"

Points of Authority by Linkin Park

Victory by Puff Daddy and Notorious B.I.G. and their cronies - I watched the movie NOTORIOUS and it was great. B.I.G.'s story is incredible, but it wasn't enough to make me like rap. Maybe I should like rap?

Made to Love by Toby Mac

Follow Me by Breaking Benjamin

So Cold by Breaking Benjamin - "You're so cold, but you feel alive"

Breath by Breaking Benjamin

BOOM by POD

I Will Not Bow by Breaking Benjamin - "I will not bow I will not break I will shut the world away I will not fall I will not fade I will take your breath away"

This is Your Life by Switchfoot - "This is your life, are you who you want to be?"

Can't Be Touched by Body Head Bangers - rap. Lyrics pump me up. "can't Be Touched can't Be Stopped can't Be Moved can't Be Rocked can't Be Shook"

So Much to Say by Dave Matthews Band - This is my favorite artist and he is totally tripping. When you listen to him you completely forget about real life. His lyrics don't always make a lot of sense to me, but his music speaks to my sould. He is a complete hippie and that is why I listen to him while I run. I forget completely that I am running and that is good.

Let's Get it Started by Black Eyed Peas - you know..."and runnin, runnin, and runnin runnin..."

Highway to Hell by AC/DC

The Saints are Comin by U2 and Green Day - The way this song builds can really carry you far and push your jog to the next level.

Halo II theme (Mjolnir Mix) - Heroic...just like me:)

What Would you Say by Dave Matthews Band

Vertigo by U2

I am Free by Desperation Band

Ignition by Toby Mac - "Turn on, turn on the ignition. Everybody! Come on, come on and turn on the ignition."

Tripping Billies by Dave Matthews Band

Big Yellow Taxi by Counting Crows - There are a million versions of this song. Counting Crows does it the best in my oppinion. They have a female vocalist that does harmonies. She is great.

Headstrong by Trapt

I Dare You to Move by Switchfoot

Elevation by U2

Gonna Fly Now by Bill Conti - How can you run without at least one Rocky song?

Africa by Karl Wolf - Great harmonies give me something else to think about. I'm not counting this song as rap. It is too cool.

Till I Collapse by Eminem - Okay so maybe not all rap sucks. Great lyrics set over the "We Will Rock You" beat.
"'Cause sometimes you feel tired,
feel weak, and when you feel weak, you feel like you wanna just give up.
But you gotta search within you, you gotta find that inner strength
and just pull that shit out of you and get that motivation to not give up
and not be a quitter, no matter how bad you wanna just fall flat on your face and collapse."

Go Hard or Go Home by E40

Stronger by Kanye West - "Work it harder, make it better,do it faster, makes us stronger, more than ever, never over, Our work here is never over."

Blow Me Away by Breaking Benjamin - This is actually the end game theme to Halo. I don't really play Halo but its music is awesome. "Fire your guns It's time to run
Blow me away."

0 comments :