Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Guilty Pleasures

Okay, so my wife just did some "confession time" in her blog. She challenged her readers to confess their own guilty pleasures. Here are a few of mine.

1. I drove Emily's car home from Waterloo the other night after meeting with the in-laws for pizza. She was coming to our house and I thought it would be fun for her and Pam to spend some road time together. She informed me that she had no radio tuner, but she DID have a CD player. So I lasted about 1.5 miles before I had to find something other than country. I don't mind country all the time, but for some reason that night it was the last thing I wanted. So I started popping in different Cd's and I came across this song called "High School Never Ends" by Bowling for Soup. It is a punk rock song all about how the whole world still is obsessed with who's the best dressed, and who's having sex, who's got the money, who's got the honey's, who's kinda cute, and who's just a mess. The lyrics are SO hilariously true. They are pretty nasty too. This song is my latest guilty pleasure. I must be getting old because that was the first time I'd heard the song and it is apparently pretty popular. Anyway, I can't get it out of my head.

2. I LOVE Dancing with the stars. I tried so hard to avoid it. I hated thinking about watching that show. I can't help it, I must give in. I LOVE the show. I look forward to seeing it. I don't even like TV so much, but that show is so...I don't know...FUN! Warren Sapp is my flipping hero. We're talking about a guy who is 6'2", 300 pounds, and has 297 NFL career tackles and 97 sacks. He could beat the crap out of either of the other two fairies left on the show, yet he smiles and laughs constantly. http://www.nfl.com/goto?id=09000d5d80099e51

3. I have this new recording software on the computer at the office. When Doug is around there is never time to mess around with it. Since he's on vacation, I've spent some time trying to figure it out. I love it. I still miss Doug though.