Monday, November 10, 2008

Ring Tones

Okay, so the only problem I ever had with my Palm Centro phone was that its stock ringtones suck and they didn't allow me to use mp3 files. That has all changed. I downloaded software called MiniTones to my phone which allows you to pull songs off of your computer, edit them, and use them as ringtones. So the following is a list of the ringtones I have for the people who are dear to me and who call me. If relevant, I've included the section of the song that I've used.

General Ringtone: The Mario Brothers Theme Song (of course, this is the ringtone I've been using for years and was heartbroken to find that I could not on my Centro)

Ringtone for callers not on my contacts list: O'Fortuna by Carl Orff (This song is often used as an underlay for intense movie sequences)

Pamela Rohde: "Final Frontier" (A.K.A. the "Mad About You" Theme song)

My Mother: "The Mom Song" by Go Fish. Lyrics are as follows:
If you have a stroller
But you're still a rock and roller
You're a mom
If you're tired of doing dishes
And you know who Elmo's fish is
You're a mom
If you have a lot of fun
But your work is never done
You're a mom

You're the boss, the driver
The ultimate survivor
A doctor, a cooker
Your man thinks you're a looker
If you work all day
But you never get paid
You're a mom

If you need a sick day
But instead you're gonna play
You're a mom
If your first occupation
Sounds like a sweet vacation
You're a mom
If your living room floor
Looks like a toy store
You're a mom

If you mean the whole world
To a little boy or girl
You're a mom
The Bible that you hold
Can shape these little souls
You're a mom
If you have the most important job in the world
You're a mom

You're the boss, the driver
The ultimate survivor
A doctor, a cooker
Your man thinks you're a looker
If you work all day
But you never get paid
You're a mom


My Dad: "Super Hero" also by Go Fish (No lyrics needed, its all said in the title)

My Bro Jake: The NFL Sunday on FOX theme

My Bro Jaron: The Marine Corps Hymn

My Bro Jase: The Iowa State Fight Song

My Mother-in-law: "I am Your Mother Too" by Keb' Mo. The chorus of the song is as follows (warning: It is hilarious and may cause belly aching laughing):
Though you came from the womb of another, I will care for you
Life is your sister and Love is your brother
And I am your mother too
I am your mother too.


My S-I-L Ashley: "Brown Eyed Girl" She thinks the song is about her so we try to appease her conscience.

My S-I-L Emily: "College Kids" by Relient K. Lyrics used in ringtone as follows:
Someone please save us, us college kids!
What my parents told me is what I did
They said go to school and be a college kid
But in the end I question why I did.


My B-I-L Bret (he doesn't call me, but if he does for some reason): "Barbie Girl" by AQUA. It's a long story.

My Boss Doug: The Doug Funny Theme Song

That concludes this blog. :)