Sunday, November 30, 2008

Recap Thanksgiving

So has come and gone another Thanksgiving. I can honestly say that I can not remember a year that I have actually been so deeply thankful. My life is good. I am well taken care of.

So it was a smaller crowd this year at the Eekhoff Thanksgiving Extravaganza. We had a huge lunch and it was delicious. Kudos to Grandma E. for a wonderful meal and endless patience in the kitchen with the one known only as "The Boss".

Gabriel had fun as well. He got to play with some of his 2nd cousins. He also went a total of 3 days with a non-stop smile. He literally didn't have a crabby moment the entire time. I think he likes all the attention and loving that he gets while he is at his grandma and grandpas house. Especially when his aunts and uncle are there as well. He is never left alone and he loves it.

I had a great time turning 26 as well. It was painless. I got a DVD player so that Pam and I and guests don't have to sit on top of each other to watch movies off of my computer screen any longer. Pam and I will probably choose to sit on top of each other still, but that is all the better. It saves on the heating bill.

The Cowboys won big and look like they could make a real run for the Super Bowl if they keep it up. Big, "if" but not out of the picture. Besides they will have to beat my Vikings if they want to do anything.

So all in all it was a good week. Relaxing, refreshing, etc... We have a lot to be thankful for.

2 comments :

Jake Rohde said...

I don't agree with you about the football stuff. Minnesota's gonna lose a couple of guys to suspensions pretty soon, and have a rough time making the playoffs (though with a win tonight over Chicago they'll be in okay shape). Plus, depending on how the seeding falls, the two might not face each other in the postseason because I don't think Minnesota makes it out of the wildcard round, so if they don't play each other first, they probably won't.

Sorry to sound like a hater.

Mom (L) said...

I think 'seeding' is funny. I get the concept, but not why it's called that. Makes me think of a bunch of football players with watering cans watering the newly planted football field. Why is it called that?