Monday, December 29, 2008

Christmas in...well...December

Right now Gabriel is giving kisses to his sibling. Yes folks, he is kissing Pam's tummy. This after a fun night of opening yet a few more gifts. A football and a puzzle book. He even had a stocking even though Santa doesn't exist (I feel I have to add the "Santa doesn't exist" part so that Pam's family knows that I don't actually believe in Santa). In his stocking he got a fleet of little trucks, new bibs, slippers, a toy hammer, a basketball, and a can of 3 tennis balls. I know the tennis balls sound random, but he LOVES them, especially dumping them out of the can and putting them back in.

Pam and I did stockings for each other too. We set an amount that we were allowed to spend and went out and got gifts for each other. This was extremely fun. Pam knows me all too well. She got me 3 pounds of Cheez-its, a 2 liter of Diet Pepsi, a big box of Nerds, a bottle of Blackberry Brandi, a really nice hat, 3 lottery tickets, and a Whities gift card. It was really fun.

Last night we watched "Mamma Mia" which I thought was horrible. I watched every minute of it, hated all but one minute of it, and will never watch it again if I can help it. The one minute I liked was the random men that come out of the ocean wearing flippers and do the gayest dance I've ever seen. That was just funny. Anyway, I'll stop with the critique now in fear I will offend one of the people in my life who insist that it is one of the greatest movies in the world. I guess I am on the opposite side of the spectrum having wished many times throughout the movie that I had given myself a paper cut and poured lemon juice on it for entertainment instead. That is all.

6 comments :

Jake Rohde said...

A couple of things: I haven't seen the movie Mamma Mia yet, but I saw the show at the Civic Center a few years ago. I didn't love it (especially compared with other Broadway shows), but I didn't think the Abba music was bad. Is that the part you hated?

Secondly, I think it's creepy how much I would have enjoyed your gifts from Pam. We're not really alike very much... are we?

Elizabeth said...

As I read the part in your post about the stockings, I was amazed at how much you and Jake like the same things. Then I read his comment and laughed. You guys must be brothers or something.

Emily Romero said...

Oh my goodness! The flipper part is totally my favorite part, too! That's the part that I said we'd all roll on the floor with laughter at! I love it! I also love Mama Mia! Ah!

Mom (L) said...

I would rather have given myself a paper cut and poured lemon juice on it that watched Mama Mia with you. So I guess we're even. :)

Joel Rohde said...

Jake, I didn't think the Abba music was bad, I thought the singers singing it were terrible.

Emily, that part was admittedly funny.

Momma Lang, your just jealous :)

Jake Rohde said...

So I just watched Mamma Mia (the movie) finally (it was a bad selection week at the redbox). A couple of things:
1. I liked the broadway show a bit, I liked the movie version NOT a bit.
2. Watching Pierce Brosnan sing is almost as bad as listening to him.
3. In a situation where you can either watch Meryl Streep for two hours or NOT watch Meryl Streep for two hours I would recommend the latter option any day of the week.
4. As bad a singer as Brosnan is, I still feel bad that he had to make out with Streep. Bummer. You couldn't pay me enough.
I think that's all.