Sunday, December 21, 2008

Home Alone

99.999% of the time I would tell you that I have the best job in the world. I have a flexible schedule, I do a lot of different things, I work with people on a regular basis, I am cared for deeply by a special body of people, and I am allowed to have fun on the job. Tonight, I don't like my job. Just tonight. You see, I am stuck 4 hours away from my family. It sucks. I hate being home alone. Sure, there are a slew of people who would happily open their home and have me over. But when I am missing my family, it is almost better for me to sit at home and sulk. So that is what I'm doing tonight.

I take that back. I just got a call from Doug. He got stuck in his driveway. He asked if I could come and help push him out. It looks like I will be going over there after all.

I'm dreaming of a 72 degrees and sunny Christmas.

0 comments :